MIM.7505 Multi Impulse Mode Filter
● In a first step, a TDR.750 does a low voltage reflection
measurement of the cable, not "seeing" the high resistive fault.
● In a second step the energy of a surge generator is released
into the faulty cable, passing through the arc stabilising filter
● This surge causes a flashover at the weak spot in the cable.
● Simultaneously, the MIM triggers the TDR and automatically
couples a standard TDR reflection measurement onto the HV
● The TDR can now "see" the low resistive arc at the weak spot
as a short-circuit. This picture is stored as fault-picture and
compared with the previously measured reference picture.
● The point of separation of the two traces is the fault location
and the TDR Teleflex will indicate the distance to the fault.
Technical Specifications and Accessories:
* Print or Download document by clicking on the relative icon.